June 2, 2017

Friday night

Joanna made two trips to ferry the 5 of us to Wollaston T. We all bought our tickets and rode to South Station. The Amtrak was literally above it.

Looked around and ended up in the Acela lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks. Soon it was time to board...

Jen and I found our roomette and settled our stuff in. Soon after the train started moving, they announced that the sleepers could go to the club car and lounge for lunch. Had a turkey, bacon, and gouda wrap and some fresh fruit.

Jen was a social butterfly and I soon retired back to the room and watched scenery. Bug called and we had a nice chat.

Brief stop in Albany, more Georgers got on for a brief jaunt. The train added more coach cars, a dining car, and 2 more sleepers. As soon as the power came on,  they sent us to the dining car for dinner. I had chicken bacon fettuccini and a Greek yogurt cheesecake for dessert.

Socialized with more Georgers on the way back then I came back to the roomette. Had our attendant, Francine, help us set up the beds, then Jen went back to socialize. I got dressed, did my meds, and actually got up into the bunk. Had to call Jen back because I couldn't fix the seatbelt net thingy. She got Francine for me; she was able to get it done. Total of 3 trips climbing up here, I'm not getting down any time soon.

Did try the toilet when I was getting ready. Yeah, no. Sitting on it means 1/2 my ass cheek would be in the bottom bunk and the flush is enough to wake the dead. Lol

Tomorrow is Chicago! New train and another party.

No comments: