June 3, 2017

June 03, Saturday

Broke my toenail last night climbing into the bunk. Oops. Luckily Jen had clippers with her and I had bandaids.

Got up and was in the dining car for breakfast early. Had a chicken biscuit and fruit, but they put powdered sugar on everything. Ugh.

After we got back, Jen got viokently sick. She had not felt well for a couple of days and we now think it must have been food poisoning from before Boston. I did what I could to help her.

Got to Chicago and got her settled in the lounge. She decided to stay there instead of going to the gathering. We met up with area Georgers and walked to Giordano's for deep dish stuffed pizza and bill trading.  Had a very nice time. Dennis and I brought a slice back to Jen.

Not too long after, we boarded the Empire Builder. Instead of a roomette, we've got a bedroom with a separate enclosed toilet/shower stall.

Our room has an adjoining door with Jan and Charley. Jen had it opened. I don't mind but they like Michael Jackson music (I'm not a fan). Lol

Dennis is down the hall in a roomette and will be joining us for dinner. (He's one of Jen's bffs.)

Back from dinner. Had an Angus flat iron steak and baked potato. Really good. Lemon tart for dessert. Jen ate some dinner and drank a lot of liquids. I think she's doing a lot better.

I wanted to take a shower but there is no water pressure. Ugh.

Going to bed. This bunk is terrifying. No headroom and no hand hold grips. Got up and down. Fucking scary. The last one was easier ironically because there were hand holds everywhere. Oh well, got to do it. Sigh.

I need to sleep. Haven't slept well in days.

No comments: