May 1, 2017

May 1st, May Day, Beltane, etc...

Reading on FB about a friend's desire to resume "journaling" prompted me to get off my ass and try to get back into it myself. I feel guilty about not keeping up after so many years of blogging. Not having my desk to sit at, along with other things, kept me from remembering to do so. And laziness. Let's not forget that.

Lots of stuff has happened. I do plan on going back and doing recaps, at least for my own sanity.

I'm rather spazzing right now. I'm not sure if its a new coffee (more caffeine) or hormones or what, but it's annoying.  I do have a lot more energy and started my period today which should have canceled out the first. My periods have become rather insane compared to how they used to be. Less cramping, super long and oh so bloody. Ugh. But every blood test the doctors do say there are no markers at all for pre-menopause, so I don't know wtf is going on. At one point, I had 3 periods, each 10 days apart and 8-10 days long. That was awful.

I'm trying to cure my brown thumb again. Picked up some annuals last week (2 marigolds, 2 celosias) and planted them in the flower box on the front porch. I had two mums there but they died very fast. Even though the instructions said they'd thrive, they didn't like me and died. My hibiscus is doing fantastic. I have a couple of plants on the windowsill in the kitchen. Some are doing well, others are struggling.  I want to get some more cuttings of Ms. Ivy's ivy and try to get them to root. I know once her house sells, whomever owns it (or buys it to flip, etc.) will rip out most of the plants. Also, my friend TB (Artefacts Redux) wants morning glory seeds from the vine on the garage roof. I read up on it but am unsure if this will work.

Last weekend (April 29-30), Petunia stayed the night at her friend Hannah's house, along with Mikaela. They had a great time. Went to RAM on Saturday morning and watched movies, etc. the rest of the day.

My brother-in-law came by with his truck and took Bug's Ford Ranger back to GA with him. That was a huge clusterfuck. He brought his wife's brother (a real troll) and that guy's grandson. Tony Elliott went berserk every time he heard the kid's voice. There was just something about it that drove him crazy. They ended up blocking the street trying to back the truck and trailer into the driveway. About 10 minutes after it was loaded and left, Sharky realized they still had his keys. Luckily, he was able to get a hold of them and retrieved the keys back before they left the city limits. The backyard looks naked without the truck. Sharky did an excellent job of raking all the leaves, ended up with 5 bags for Friday's yard waste pick up.

Bear was down for "Welcome to Rockville". We saw him a few minutes Saturday morning, but he swung by Sunday morning and took Sharky and I to breakfast. We wanted to go to the Cool Moose, but it was super busy so we went to Golden Corral instead. It was good. It was better spending time with my son.

Today is Beltane. Nothing planned. Wish I could have a little fire in the fireplace or a fire-pit in the back yard, but the chimney still needs to be repaired and I'm not burning anything without a proper set up. My chiminea is on the porch, but I doubt it's usable anymore. Too heavy to move off just to burn stuff once. It has cracks from it's move here and may not be able to be used.

Honestly, I haven't celebrated much of anything in a long while. Just don't have the heart to do it. Every time I try to plan something, disaster strikes. I want to put some things back into my life, but I just don't know how to. I feel so empty sometimes. I've never been the obsessive type, or a fanatical devotee, but I love the organization and rituals it brought into my world. It tamed some of the chaos and made me more at peace.

Maybe I will do something, later by myself...

No comments: