May 2, 2017

May 2nd

Ended up not doing anything last night. Had a very bad pms day, cried at everything. Totally miserable. Had to run to the bathroom every 2 hours (or less). I go back to the doc on Monday for labs and I'm going to ask again that they run the blood test for menopause because if I'm not pre-menopausal, what the heck is going on?

Rosie has become a voracious huntress again. Palmettos come into the house during heavy rain and, ironically, during drought. Every day, we wake up to new dead bugs. Her fave place to leave her killings is in the kitchen. She prefers to leave them in front of the freezer and in front of the stove, This morning, had one in each place, plus one by the table and one in the living room in front of the couch where Sharky sits.  Really funny, I go outside to feed Cammie and she's pushing her empty food dish up to me and there's a dead palmetto bug inside her dish. She does a happy dance in front of it, showing off her kill. Petunia was grossed out but I told her we should be grateful it was a bug and not a bird or squirrel, etc.

Just heard a crash on the porch, the collared cat (I think lives behind us) dumped Cammie's food dish and was hunkered down in her sleeping box. First time I've seen that cat in a while and first time on the porch.

Thinking about running next door and checking on the plants. Need to get an ivy clipping and see if any begonias are left running wild, going to clip a piece off of one of those as well. All the plants have been abandoned, and Sam did say I could take a clipping off of anything I wanted. I only feel guilty because Ms. Ivy's dead. I know if she was alive, she'd let me - she'd probably give me any plant I wanted. I just miss her so much. Even when I didn't see her, just knowing she was there was a comfort.


No comments: