February 12, 2015

Thursday

Sharky's surgery was at noon and I called at 2. He had been in his room for about 30 minutes. He was pretty out of it. I spoke to the head nurse on the floor and she said that she'd call me if anything changed. I waited until 4 and called him back, asking if he wanted company. He said yes. Mr. DW picked us up at about 4:30 and we all went to see Sharky. He had a lovely private room overlooking the river, seeing dolphins in the day and the city lights at night.

I saw his incision, it was about 4 inches long in his armpit. It was really sore, but they gave him ice packs for it. We had a nice time talking. He, thankfully, was eating well. We left at about 6:45 and came home. (Swung by Wendy's for a quick dinner.)

He was supposed to have an MRI this morning but it was cancelled. Asshats wanted to compare the results to one he had 10 years ago when he had the BAJA implant. They thought it was easier for US to give them our copies instead of getting theirs out of archives. Well guess what? That was 10 fucking years ago. I have NO idea where they are. I looked and looked in all the obvious places and they weren't there. That just leaves the out of the way places and I just cannot get to those. I think they should just get off their asses and do their job. I worked at a hospital, I know they store those.

So, he was scheduled for another CT scan and that is where he most likely is right now. The oncologist dropped by and said they were moving him to the oncology ward. The lab tests came in after that visit and he was told it was positive for cancer. What type, I don't know. He didn't want to talk to me and said he'd call after the CT scan.

I have to tell Petunia when she gets home. She's not going to handle this very well. I'm not handling this well. I doubt Sharky is either.

He wants his laptop and his jammy pants. Petunia and I spent yesterday doing linens, and I still had some left, so I found his fave pair and washed them and have them all packed up with some spare undies. I guess we'll wait until he goes to his new room and then go to see him this afternoon or night.

No comments: