February 13, 2015

Friday the 13th

Well, Mr. DW picked us up about 4 and we went to go see Sharky. We swung by his truck first and grabbed his book and then went to visit. His spirits were up once we got there. We only stayed about 2 hours and left when he got his dinner. (Food seems to be pretty good there, thankfully.) Got a text from him around 3 am this morning, he was finally moved to the oncology ward.

Had Bear call me when we got home (he's on nights in the tower) and gave him the news. After, I called Bug and talked to him. Bug took it a lot harder. Both boys called Sharky last night, and he enjoyed hearing from them. I am not looking forward to telling his parents. His mother's first instinct would be to round up his sister and come up here and his father would most likely post it on Facebook and ask for prayers. Sharky does not want this on FB and I'm respecting his wishes. This blog is my outlet but isn't connected with FB and the few who do read it, would not share, thankfully.

Now that he's in the oncology ward, he's going to have a tube inserted in his upper right chest/neck area for the chemo, which will be started today. The cancer is "lymphoma" but neither of us have been told if its Hodgkin's or Non-Hodgkin's. Hopefully I'll find out today. Either way, it seems that as soon as it is found and treated, the better off the end result will be.

Going to have to hit the grocery store today. Out of cat food and I need a pack of pita so I can have sandwiches. Might need some other stuff too, not sure at the moment. Ate fish sticks and mashed potatoes last night for dinner (Petunia's request). Weird, but good, and thankfully my BG levels behaved. LOL If I stick to proper serving sizes I don't have issues.

No comments: