July 17, 2014

Thursday

Typical Florida summer, storms daily. On Tuesday evening, the power went out for about an hour and a half. We weren't suffering, just kept still and cool and didn't open the fridge/freezer at all. When the power was restored, we were told that it was an underground line that had fried. Not surprised, because all of the above ground wiring in the neighborhood has been replaced in the past few years, leading to us rarely ever having power issues anymore.

Breathing has become more difficult in the past few days, no where near as bad as it was, but enough that it is noticeable. I've been rather lethargic for the past few days as well. Going to bring that up to the doc on Monday.

When I got out of the hospital last week, I dropped an email off to my dad. Of course, he's inundated me with "insulin kills" emails. Just freaking lovely. I delete them without reading. My mom told my sister, who called twice but I ignored them. She dropped me an email, which I did respond telling her thank you for all the advice, I was taught it all at hospital, and I'm not answering the phone right now trying to avoid stress. Both  my father and my sister are big stress triggers so avoidance is best. My mother is a big one as well, but I cannot avoid her like I can them. I just keep it light and short when she calls and try not to get worked up.

On the good news front, my blood pressure is slowly getting down - I haven't had a reading in the red in a few days. My glucose levels are slowly lowering as well.

No comments: