July 25, 2014

Insurance (Friday)

I am physically ill right now. I think I'm going to vomit.

I have Medicaid right now and it will be cancelled on July 31. Petunia's can be continued, but for $150 a month. Sharky was able to get it just for himself super cheap at work (to upgrade it to family would be an extra 250 added on to his, wtf).

Sunday, I went on the Healthcare.org site and applied. Created a profile (first step) and was told they could not verify me and I had to call Experian for verification, so I did. First woman told me the system was down and to call back. Waited an hour and then I did. I was told they could not verify my identity and had to call the Healthcare.org website. There, I was told I had to mail in my birth certificate. I hung up (nicely) and was frustrated. Waited a bit and called Experian back. This time, a nice woman explained to me that verification was done via credit score, and I did not have one (being a housewife, etc.). *sigh* So, I called back the HC.O site and this time, another nicer woman said I didn't have to mail it if I had access to a scanner. So, we scanned my driver's license and sent it in.Waited all week, checking in daily, no word. Still being verified.

Called back this morning and talked to another woman who said she'd walk me through the insurance part and let me know what was available. So confusing, but I took copious notes and after the call, looked stuff up on line. According to Florida Law, I had to have insurance that included child dental due to Petunia still living at home. So that narrowed down my choices. (There is an option to add on additional, but I really wanted an all-in-one for ease.) After hours, yes hours, of comparison I finally chose one.

So, long story short (too late), Petunia and I now have affordable, decent insurance. Only one problem - it doesn't start until September 1st. I don't know what to do when I run out of insulin in August. I take 2 different kinds, and they average $250 each. I guess I'll call the Diabetes clinic at the hospital and see if there is something they can help me with when that time comes around?

No comments: