July 9, 2014

Hospital Stay (Wednesday)

The nurse had a hard time getting blood out of me early this morning so she had a lab tech brought up to help. Inside of wrist, very painful, but they for it done. Sigh. Had a blood sugar result of 140, lowest since I came in. That's a good thing. My blood pressure was back up, and that's a bad thing.
Basically have the hang of injecting insulin. It's rather simple and painless. More concerned with being able to afford it right now. Trying not to stress because that makes the bp rise and I'm trying to stay calm and healthy.

Just saw the doc and it looks like I'll be coming home today. Fingers crossed. Waiting on case manager to talk to about insurance etc. 

***

What a freaking nightmare. *sigh* Saw the case manager and she gave me a list of things I need to gather to apply for help with the bill. She was nice and was able to get me a blood glucose meter. Then, of course, no strips so she was able to get the doctor to write a rx for them.

A lot of hurry up and waiting, but finally was discharged at 3 o'clock. Sharky picked me up and we went to Publix - which, of course, did not have any insulin in stock. I was able to get 2 scripts filled and we did a bit of grocery shopping. Came home, unloaded, and went back out to Volde-mart which did have insulin. Had to wait around for it, but got everything filled and came home. Sharky went to get Petunia.

I went through all my stuff to discover that I did not have syringes. Called the Volde-mart pharmacy and was told the doctor had to write a Rx for that. WHAT? Why on earth would they give medicine with no way of administering that? Cried. Then called the hospital and the nurse who took care of me said she'd help. Eventually, got a call that she had a Rx but it had to be picked up. Sharky and Petunia ran to get it and since it was after 9 pm, went to the 24 hour Walgreens next to the hospital. Asshats there treated them like drug addicts. Phuckers.

Since I missed my dinner dose of Novolog insulin, I just took the Lantus at bedtime.

No comments: