July 8, 2014

Hospital Stay (Tuesday)

IJuly 8th. Finally heard from the doctor. Not being released today. Shortness of breath caused by high blood pressure. Blood sugar levels thru the roof, can't be blamed on the steroids, according to my A1c levels. So doc scheduled a diabetes educator to teach me how to give myself insulin shots. I am very depressed about this.
Sharky freaked out but calmed down fast and said we'll deal with it. He's handling the family phone calls for me.
Roomie #2 had her significant other visit at lunch and he brought garlic crabs for her to eat. Then he sat there and kissed her and rubbed her back for hours. It was really gross. Thank goodness I could pull the curtain. He also used the bathroom. Yuck.
The hospital dietician gave me info. Real basic but helps. Unfortunately all the food is very expensive. Fresh fruits and veggies and high quality meats. Sigh.
Bedtime update: Didn't get to see the diabetes educator because they are back logged. Will see in morning. Sharky visited a bit but left early because he was so exhausted.
Night nurse used to be a pharmacist assistant and told me I have to bring up insurance to the doc because insulin is very expensive. She's also orders a case manager to talk to me tomorrow about funding.

No comments: