May 25, 2008

We had a great time today, we all went to the Ramona Flea Market. I found a great cast iron wall sconce for $2 (in a palm motif) and a large pair of Thai or Indian (?) prints (not a rubbing like the last one I found) for $7. (The prints are very similar to the real rubbings my Dad had when I was a kid - still have not forgiven him for selling those when he could have given them to me.) Petunia bought 2 "new" Ty Beanie Baby cats (Amber & Zip) for $1 each and a bag of 10 colorful tumbled rocks, also for $1. (Can't blame her for that purchase, I loved rocks as a kid - must have been inherited from my rock-hound grandparents. LOL) The boys found a Pokemon guide to one of their fave games and a brand new game for way less than 1/2 price. Sharky didn't get anything but he had a blast anyway.

Afterwards, we all went to Applebees for one last fun family meal out. It was totally worth it - they opened at 11:00 a.m., just a few minutes before we got there, and there was only a handful of customers. It was quiet and we had great service (except the waiter was a "low talker" LOL). Petunia had chicken fingers and the rest of us each had the "Ultimate Trio", a choice of 3 appetizer like items. Sharky & Bug (yes, with his baby) had the 2 mini bacon cheeseburgers, boneless buffalo wings, and steak quesadilla "tower". Bear and I also had the 2 mini bacon cheeseburgers, but also had the 2 mini chicken ranchero burgers (bacon, cheese & ranch dressing) - then Bear had mozzarella sticks as his third and I had the spinach artichoke dip as mine. It all was fabulous and fun to eat. Only thing I would suggest is that you have to ask for mayo & other condiments - the burgers come dry, but with lettuce & tomato. I was even a "very good girl", I only ate one each of my mini burgers and shared the others with Petunia & the boys.

Of course, we all split one dessert - their Maple Butter Blondie (like a brownie) dessert (with walnuts). OMGs, it is so decadent. It's now served on a hot sizzling fajita dish and you pour the maple butter over the top. Thank goodness we had 5 spoons! LOL Yes, it was more than enough for the 5 of us but it is so delicious we all each could have eaten a whole one. *drool*

After a great lunch, we all went to Kmart because Sharky needed new work shoes. We also got cat litter and Gabby got a new collar (vet says the old one was irritating her skin too much), so I guess, in hindsight, everyone in the family got something new today. (Although don't bring it up to the cats, their thrill with fresh cat litter doesn't last long.)

So, got home and Sharky ran over to his friend WW's house for about an hour, the boys played their games, Petunia watched a movie and I took a "nap". (Nap around here means lay there until I fall asleep, if I can, and then be jostled awake every few minutes by kids & neighbours...)

No comments: