July 14, 2017

Bathing suit

True story, and this takes courage to say out loud:

I bought a bathing suit today, the first one I've owned in 25 years. It's actually a 2 piece too, long top with traditional bottom (tankini).

I hate suit shopping and actually talked myself out of it (as always) and put them back on the rack when I overheard a woman ask where the swim bottoms were. The sales lady said "Over there." The woman replied, "No, I don't want fat suits like her, I want skinny suits." I turned around and she was pointing at me. The sales lady turned bright red and the woman who said it actually looked horrified that I heard her.

I snatched the suit pieces off the rack and said "Fine, I'm fucking buying this, bitch." and went to the dressing room. They fit and I bought them.

In hindsight, what I said most likely didn't make any sense to them because I realize now I was actually talking to myself. (Also worthy of mention, I did not cry a tear.)

Even though I've lost a lot of weight, I still have many insecurities about my appearance, but I'm proud that I've taken one more step to NOT GIVING A FLYING FUCK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. 

No comments: