May 1, 2015

Friday

Had a fantastic time last night at Carmine's. Got there about 6:30 pm and even though it was more crowded than we've seen it, we were seated almost immediately. (Even had a great spot to park right out front. LOL)  Put our order in and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (Seven Bridges Abbey) showed up soon after. Petunia and I had a great time watching them. The makeup and costumes were perfect as always. Had a wonderful dinner: stuffed jalapeno appetizer, Natural Citizen stromboli, 2 Jersey Shore Fried Calzones, and a piece of cheesecake. Sharky didn't feel like drinking but I had a Duke's Cold Brown Nose beer from Bold City Brewery. (I love that beer so much.) The food and service was perfect and there were ladies from Dining Out for Life walking around, passing out swag.

When it came time to leave, I got up the courage and went over to the Sisters' table and asked if Sr. Margarita was there. She jumped right up and knew who I was. She was so sweet and we took a picture with her. I thanked her for letting us know about the event (which as usual, I had not heard about - always after the fact for me *sigh*). She promised to keep sharing event info with everyone. (And gave the other Sisters a "told you so" LOL)


As far as I know, it's still a go for the visit from my MIL, SIL & SIL's husband. They will be staying at Cousin G's house, thankfully. The plans so far is to visit them over there tonight when Sharky gets off of work and then tomorrow when Cousin G is planning a surprise birthday party for MIL (who's birthday was last week). I'm hoping and praying that everyone is on their best behavior and not on the attack, looking for blame for Sharky's cancer. *fingers crossed*

No comments: