April 24, 2015

Friday

Sharky got some good news yesterday. There were 3 tumors in February: neck, armpit, chest. Now, the neck & armpit tumors gone and chest tumor shrunk from 8cm to 4cm. Two more chemo treatments then another ct scan. So about 6 more weeks. Then they'll decide about further treatment. Oddly, they knew about the chest tumor but neglected to tell him. I guess they were very busy and everything went so fast. The neck and armpit ones were obvious, poking out of the skin, but the chest one is behind the sternum. It does make his chest pains and problems breathing make more sense now considering it was 8cm when they first measured it.

Bad news though, I found out the other night he lied to me about his weight. He lost an alarming amount very fast but gained most back in the past month and a half thanks to the anti-nausea meds. I've been going out of my way (and risking my diet) pampering him to keep weight on. I was too successful. We had to have a serious talk about food sabotage, enabling, codependency and healthy diets. I don't have willpower all the time and how can I tell a man with cancer, "no cheesecake" knowing full well that I can't refuse it. *sigh* We're going to go back to work on eating healthy and having healthy snacks for him around the house when he gets his hunger pains.

According to Sharky, his mother & sister might be coming up this weekend. They were supposed to come up last weekend but had to postpone it. I hope they don't. I know, it sounds mean. I want him to spend time with his family but I just don't want the stress.

I'm going to plan on us having a picnic in the park this weekend anyway.

No comments: