March 26, 2015

Thursday

Sharky had his blood labs today and said the results were good. Thank goodness.

Early this morning, there was some caterwauling outside, so I stepped onto the porch to see who it was. No cat in sight, so I called. A tabby/siamese mix came running over from across the street (to the right) and a regular fat apple-headed siamese came running over from the left. Once they arrived on the driveway, they totally lost interest in me and were checking each other out. I went back inside.

About an hour later, I heard what sounded like a cat hacking up a furball on the porch, so I stepped outside again to see which one it was. It wasn't a cat, it was a severely overweight jogger on the sidewalk, coughing or having an asthmatic incident. He looked at me and then kept going and I didn't have a chance to ask if he was ok.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful, thankfully, until...

Just had quite a startle. I was playing a game on the laptop (one of those search and find games) and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a brindle dog with a white patch on the chest with upright floppy ears and a sharp nose sitting off to the side, watching me. I blinked and s/he was gone. I wonder who it was? It wasn't Gabby, she was brown/black, not brindle. The only brindle I've had was a greyhound, didn't look like the dog I saw. I've seen many cats in the house, but this was the first dog that has ever appeared here.

No comments: