January 12, 2015

Oddity

Has this every happened to you?

When you fill out important things online now, many secure sites have a verification question to verify your identity, using, I have learned, your credit history. Most consist of 4 street names and you have to choose the one you have resided at in the past.

(Example: Which street did you live on in the past? Maple, Elm, Oak or Palm. I would choose Maple as the correct one.)


Last time I answered one, I had one heck of a quandary. It gave four very different statements and I had to choose the one that was true.

(Example: Mary Smith would be in her 70s. You once lived on Pine Street. Your first car was a Cadillac. You once worked at Wicker's Insurance.)

Unfortunately, all four were false to my immediate knowledge. I ended up choosing the "Mary Smith" option because I think I might have been related to a person by that name at one time, and if so, I guess that would be their age now if they were still alive. It must have been the true option because I was verified as being who I am.

No comments: