September 18, 2014

Thursday

I've been watching the BBC show, Call the Midwife, on Netflix. It's a wonderful show, but very emotional. People literally are born and die every episode. Eeep.

Felt like I had a fever last night but my temperature was lower than normal. Not sure what was up, but I did have a horrible headache.

Had yellow rice and black beans, along with a chicken thigh, for dinner last night and my blood sugar was downright normal at my bedtime and morning check. So much for all those naysayers out there who say rice is bad. I've learned that diabetes is a personal disease - what one person can eat may not be what someone else can. Definitely a learn as you go diet. In my case especially, I'm learning that if I just stick to portion control (and obviously not go on a carb binge), I do perfectly fine.

I am sick of poking my fingers and injecting insulin in my stomach though. *sigh*

No comments: