September 8, 2014

Monday

What a busy weekend. Totally wore out, didn't sleep a wink last night either. Ugh.

On Friday, Sharky got home late and we went to Volde-mart. And, of course, a huge storm hit. The store has a metal roof and the rain came down so hard we could barely hear each other. Had to yell to be heard. Picked up a bunch of stuff and got soaked loading up the truck and came home. Luckily had frozen pizzas in the freezer.

Saturday  morning was taken up by showers, laundry and prepping fruit & cheese. Bug stopped by for a little bit (TBoo and he got to her mom's house at 3 am that morning). Mr. DW came by and Bug followed him and Petunia down Blanding and Sharky & I took I-10/301/218. Guess who got there first? Yep, we did. Everyone else was stuck on Blanding in traffic and got there 1/2 later.

The fruit and cheese trays were a hit and so was the punch. I floated orange rings and carambola stars (aka starfruit) and people thought it was very cool. TBoo's mom had mini sandwiches, a relish tray, and chicken wings and mini corndogs. The cake was very cute (ugh, too much fondant for my taste). I even had a little cupcake.

Bug & TBoo got a ton of nice stuff and were very happy. The lady that owned the day care it was held at (I think she was TBoo's aunt) was uber-efficient and was packing as they were opening gifts and then helped pack up their little car. She was like a tetris master.

After it was over and we were home, everyone kinda pooped out. No one really had an appetite so I just grazed for dinner/snack. Even after all the foods, my glucose levels were good.

Sunday, we went over Mr. DW's house and he gave us a bunch of nice, like-new, pots and pans that he had extra. Oh, also a rice cooker - something I've wanted for a while. Then Bug came over and he and his dad and sister went to the Moose for brunch. Timing was off for me, so they brought home an omelet which I had for lunch. Delish.

We said goodbye and then Sharky, Petunia and I went over JBun's house and got to meet her baby girl, Lilliann, for the first time. We brought her a present (super soft, full length pink kitty onesie) and a bunch of dvds. She loved the outfit but I think she liked the dvds more. LOL She has a lot of kid relatives visit, so there were a lot of kiddie movies in the lot.

After that, we swung by Publix and did a bit of grocery shopping and then came home. I tried to nap, got about 15 minutes of sleep and then Bear called on my phone to chat. LOL

Just had a bowl of soup for dinner (still full from the omelet). Sharky & Petunia had a frozen pizza. LOL

No comments: