August 25, 2014

Monday

Well, school has been in session for a week now, and Petunia seems to be enjoying it so far - as much as a 14 yo girl can enjoy high school. LOL

No word from the school board on whether or not a slot opened up at Paxon. Tomorrow is the last day and then they close submissions until next semester. A little after the fact, in my opinion. I doubt we will ever get the phone call.

The first day of school (the 18th), Mr. DW picked me up and then I dropped him off at the high school so he could walk home with Petunia. He was going to do that the next day, but he called me that morning and said he was in the ER with a swollen elbow. They put him on antibiotics and sent him home, thinking it was a spider bite.

Tuesday, Petunia was picked up by Sharky. After work, he went to Metro PCS and had her cell turned back on so she could call us.

Wednesday, she walked home for the first time all by herself. She called me when she left, and I was on pins and needles until she got home.

Thursday, Mr. DW called, he had been admitted to hospital. He was told that if the swelling went beyond a certain point to come back in, it did and he did.

Petunia walked home Thursday and Friday. She's good about it, calls me as she leaves the building, but still on school property (don't want her using the phone and being distracted) and she gets home within 30 minutes. Still have my fingers crossed that I can get a small car soon.

I wore myself out on Saturday by going to both Wal-mart for school supplies and Winn-Dixie for groceries. It was the most I had done in a while without rest.

Mr. DW is still in hospital as of today. I do hope he gets to go home. Turns out it was not a spider bite, but some type of bacterial infection. Very scary.

No comments: