August 11, 2014

Monday

So much has been going on and I've lost a lot of will to blog lately. I've slacked off royally and need to get back on the wagon.

School starts next week. That is going to be a scary thing to deal with. We missed out on orientation last week, but MB (BB's mom) will try and print out a schedule for Petunia today for us. I don't know how we are going to handle the back and forth.

This is the 3rd week I've been calling the Magnet Office to find out if she has moved up the list to her preferred school, but they will not answer the phones. All I get is a recording stating that they are experiencing a high volume of calls right now and to please call back. There is no other number and if you call the School Board, they tell you to just keep calling the same number and eventually someone will answer the phone.

Around lunch time, I was able to actually get through and a human being promptly put me on hold. I was on hold for close to 45 minutes before I had to hang up due to call from doctor coming in. I called over and over and finally got another human but only had to wait for 10 minutes before she came back on. Petunia is now #19 on the wait list. Unfortunately, they only draw kids for the first 7 days of school. If you don't get in then, you have to wait until the 2nd semester - after winter break. I had not been informed about that. Crap.

Today was the first day that I was able to get someone on the phone at the doctor's office who acted like they could actually help me with the Lantus insulin issue. (I cannot afford the rx at $250 and will run out soon. Our insurance kicks in on 09/01, so I can get it renewed then, but I don't think I have enough to last.) This time, the young man actually wrote everything I said down, repeated it back to me and went and got the doctor. They said they'd investigate it and call me back. *sigh* I hope I'll hear from them soon. Ah, yes, the doctor himself called me and they are prescribing me Metformin (free at Publix) to tide me over during the gap when I run out of Lantus and then am able to get it again. *phew* What a relief. The doc said it's not a perfect solution, but it will be better than not having it at all.

Bug's birthday was last week. I forgot to send him a card because I've been so stressed and messed up with all these meds, and new routine, etc. We called and talked to him though and they are doing ok. Arguing about the baby  name. They were going the junior route, but TBoo decided she hated that and is now refusing any and all suggestions Bug has. *sigh*

My father is being an asshat. He was sending me "insulin kills" emails and now is sending "Obamacare kills" ones. I wrote him back and told him that without so-called "Obamacare" I would have no insurance at all and most likely would die without healthcare. He ignored me and is still sending the crap.

No comments: