November 11, 2009

43

Atomic Number 43
Definition: a crystalline metallic element not found in nature; occurs as one of the fission products of uranium


SONNET #43, FROM THE PORTUGUESE
By Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints!---I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!---and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


Quran
43. az-Zukhruf: The Embellishment,
43 So hold thou fast to that which is inspired in thee. Lo! thou art on a right path.


Poem For My 43rd Birthday
by Charles Bukowski, from "All's Normal Here" - 1985

To end up alone
in a tomb of a room
without cigarettes
or wine--
just a lightbulb
and a potbelly,
grayhaired,
and glad to have
the room.
...in the morning
they're out there
making money:
judges, carpenters,
plumbers, doctors,
newsboys, policemen,
barbers, carwashers,
dentists, florists,
waitresses, cooks,
cabdrivers...
and you turn over
to your left side
to get the sun
on your back
and out
of your eyes.


“She began to come around. She remembered who everybody was and she came off the ventilator on her 43rd birthday.” - Chantell Bean


Christian Bible: John 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.


“If you finish 43rd and the other guys finish in the 20s, there's still a lot of cars separating you. If you want it to come down to where all 10 guys have a shot, then it would be great to just be racing 10 guys.” - Ray Evernham


Bereishit 43:
43:11 And their father Israel said unto them: 'If it be so now, do this: take of the choice fruits of the land in your vessels, and carry down the man a present, a little balm, and a little honey, spicery and ladanum, nuts, and almonds;


The I Ching - Hexagram 43 Kuai: Overview: Kuai is about opportunities being presented through the weaknesses of others and the need to be ready and prepared to act. Once this opportunity has been presented and you have made a breakthrough you must immediately take advantage of it. It is important for you not to let negative forces regain the upper hand. Kuai also carries a warning not to resort to using your opponents tactics and is a reminder that the end does not justify the means. Replace negativity with a positive alternative.

No comments: