December 1, 2015

November Recap

1st - Picked up Petunia from BB's house and filled her in on all the excitement from the past 2 days. LOL

3rd - Mailed the tow papers to the insurance agency, hoping to get reimbursed. (We weren't. Supposedly we're not covered for that. Sigh)

7th - Bear's birthday.

11th - No school, Veteran's Day. 

You know, sometimes I totally understand how conspiracy theories start. Took Petunia to the doctor on the 30th and asked for a flu shot. They were just about to get it when they noticed her insurance. They double checked and told me they were "out of flu vaccine for your insurance". I asked where to go and the RNPA told me to go to the health department. I called the insurance company on Monday and they called to find out what was going on. Turns out the doctor office gets TWO different batches (their words) of vaccine. One for "medicaid" and the other for "paid insurance." Once they are out of stock on one, they will not use any of the other stock in its place. The insurance lady assured me that the batches were identical but also agreed with me on how bizarre that sounded. Luckily, there's a drug store chain (CVS) that we can go to. With Sharky's health, I am hesitant to go anyplace where we can be exposed to things like the health department.  Remember a while back there was a conspiracy theory that poor people got a totally different vaccine than rich people? Yeah...

 Since it was my birthday, Petunia and I had lunch (and coffee lol) at Maple Street Biscuit Company in Murray Hill. SO delicious. Went next door to Knead and picked up dessert treats for later. Sharky took us to dinner at Lola's. Love that place. I also got a brand new lap top for my birthday to replace my beloved old one that had a failing hard drive.

12th - My doctor appointment with fasting labs. Ugh.

13th - Sharky's appointment with the radiation doc again. FCWR was at Starbucks.

14th - Willowbranch Library reopens. I missed the ceremony. Petunia spent the day at DW's. I reserved a turkey dinner at Winn-Dixie. We all had dinner at DW's.

15th - Parent meeting at the Robotics lab around the corner.

16th - Parent overview meeting at the Guidance center for Petunia. (Her doc offered and she thought it was an interesting idea.)

20th - FCWR at Krispy Kreme

21st - Petunia takes CD on a date in 5Pts. Sharky and I had dinner at Sumo Sushi, then Starbucks and then met up with Petunia and CD and took him home.

22nd - Petunia and BB see Hunger Games - Mockingjay 2 at Sun-Ray.

23rd - I pick up the turkey dinner at Winn-Dixie. Sharky gets another PET scan and finds out later in the day that the results show him as cancer free!

25th - Back to the doc. Good results from my labs.

26th - Thanksgiving. Had a nice dinner. The prepared dinner from WD (we had to heat obviously) was pretty good.

27th - Sharky had the day off so the three of us went to see the Clydesdale horses at the Budweiser Brewery on the Northside. After, we had our FCWR at Vagabond.

28th - From 7-9 pm was the Boat Light Parade. I found a neat place south of the North Riverbank for us to sit in our camp chairs and enjoy it.

29th - Sharky and Petunia get their hair cut at Volde-mart.

No comments: