November 25, 2015

Doc Visit

At the doc's office for a checkup, the nursing assistant told me the insurance company is making them ask specific questions - and then she apologized before asking one. (I braced myself, what were they going to ask? I'm thinking it's gotta be something really embarrassing or intrusive, right?)

The question was, "Do you drink at least one alcoholic drink a year?" I actually laughed out loud. "Yes."

I wonder what info the insurance company will gleam from this? "At least one..." can be anything from 1 to 1000 and in my opinion gives no relevant data at all.

Good news: all types of cholesterol were in the perfect range. Need to go back on a vitamin supplement. My A1c (diabetes score) was 5. Almost in the non-diabetic range. She said all the other scores were excellent as well.

No comments: