July 17, 2015

Rupert and the lizards

Death count this week: 2 lizards and 2 palmetto bugs. (Rosie and Lucie-loo are responsible for the bugs' demise.) There was a lizard living behind the stove. We thought it was one of the two Rupert slaughtered but now I don't think so. He's back to hunting the crack between the stove and the counter.

I so don't want to find another tiny corpse in my kitchen. Or a part of one. (Shudder) Is there a Lizard Goddess I can petition? Goodness knows, Bast is no help, I'm sure she's egging Rupert on.

I believe this is directly related to the hugs & treats campaign I've been doing. Rupert is very sweet but not very demonstrative (doesn't like to be held), so I've been hugging him then giving him treats as an award.  It's been working wonderfully until now. Is this his way of thanking me? Or perhaps punishing me for loving him too much?

No comments: