May 12, 2015

Tuesday

Last week went by pretty quick.

Made the Mother's Day cards and mailed them out on Tuesday. Everyone got theirs and seemed to like them. I put Petunia's freshman picture in each card and they all loved that of course.

Went to my doc appointment on Friday. Everything was ok and had blood drawn for lab. It sure was nice to drive myself instead of having someone else do it.

Saturday morning, Sharky went sailing and came home and passed out from exhaustion. When he got up, he wanted to take me out to dinner for Mother's Day. I chose Julington Creek Fish Camp and we drove down to the southern part of Mandarin. Huge mistake - it wasn't a "fish camp", it was a freaking yacht club with a dress code and valet parking. What a disappointment. Sharky called a friend who said my second choice, Singleton's Seafood Shack, was a better deal. So, we drove all the way to the top of Mayport, next to the ferry. OK, I drove and loved every minute of it.

It was exactly what we wanted but horrendously expensive. I had no idea. Totally blew our budget. LOL Sharky kept saying not to worry about it. It was incredibly delicious and I got to have fried oysters (yum!). We did have a lot of fun.

Mother's Day dinner was at Mr. DW's house. He invited a new girl friend of his for us to meet. She was Russian and quite nice. He made a pot roast and sent the leftovers home with us, which we had last night.

Bear called during dinner and it was fun to hear from him. He was going with his friend & family to a waterfall. Bug wasn't able to call, but he did text and then called last night to say he was sorry and that he loved me. Had a good convo and then he called Sharky for another hour. LOL

I'm really enjoying my little car.

Sharky put the a/c in the house last night and it has really helped us out a lot, especially since it hit the 90s yesterday and will be for the rest of the week.

No comments: