December 15, 2014

Monday

The nerve of some people. Yesterday afternoon, Sharky was standing in our tiny front yard with the lights shaped like candles to hang on the house and a rake, and can you believe two bike cops on patrol stopped by and wanted to know (1) if he lived here and (2) what was he doing? He told them no, he didn't live here and he just liked going to random people's houses and decorating for them. Luckily they realized that he was joking. *rolls eyes* I asked him if the "do you live here" was serious or just a conversation starter, and he said they seemed very serious. Why? Yes, his hair was sticking up all over his head and he was wearing a baja, but who doesn't look scruffy while working in their own yard? Its not something one dresses up for, right?

Didn't decorate the tree until yesterday. Petunia and I did that while Sharky was outside. As I was unpacking the ornaments, I was separating out BigBug's to bring to him for his tree. He's very excited about that. I told Bear that I would do the same when he gets married but he laughed at me and said that is never going to happen. *sigh*

Sharky went out to the boat Saturday morning and then we went to the grocery store when he got home. Yesterday morning, he and Petunia ran over to Mr. DW's house and then picked up some lights on the way home. Also got Whataburger for lunch. Good, but a mistake. One sandwich was 3/4 of my day's allowance of calories. Yeah, wtf, I know. Last time I say "surprise me". I need to learn what I can eat to fit into my diet and tell them what to get. Sharky forgets that I cannot have regular soda. Stopped for gas on the way to groceries and grabbed me a caffiene free soda. He means well.

Had a talk with BigBug last night when he called. I told him that we were planning on going up there and we were being positive and preparing for it, but there was a slim chance that we might not be able to rent a car. We have the money, and the rental place still takes debit, but last time I tried they turned me away on a technicality. I'm afraid of that happening again. I have to stay positive.

No comments: