October 19, 2014

Sunday

The library meeting Thursday night went well. They had the city engineer in charge of the project speak to a large (!) crowd and let us know what they've done with the construction and rebuilding the drainage to prevent future flooding. The library is set to reopen mid-January 2015.

Sharky dropped me off at the lung-cardio doctor on Friday morning and it went well. I don't have to go back until February. Yeah! Mr. DW picked me up and drove me home. Have to do it again this coming Friday, with my regular doctor. They didn't weigh me yesterday and I forgot to ask, but they will do it next week. Got my fingers crossed for good results.

Petunia was supposed to be picked up by her friend KMQ (and her mom) yesterday at 10:30 am. They kept texting her "they were on their way" but we finally gave up at 1:30 pm and had to go get something to eat. I had all sorts of plans for yesterday and it all got shot to hell. They finally said they'd pick her up at almost 4 pm and I finally just said to forget it. Sad to say, it was for KMQ's birthday and her mom just couldn't get it together. I felt really bad for Petunia because she wanted to see her friend and had even bought her a present and everything.

Well, we had lunch at Lola's Burrito Joint and I ate 1/2 my burrito and had the other 1/2 for dinner that night. I'm sure the calorie & carb estimate was off (I just had to wing it) because it's not a chain so they don't have to have nutrition info for their foods. Afterward, we went to Walgreens to find an insulin travel pouch (they didn't have one) and then went to Murray Hill Library to pick up books. I was pretty bad off by that time, so I had to go home.

Was only home about 1/2 an hour when I saw a FB post about the ACPS (shelter) up the street needing a nebulizer. I threw my clothes on and we drove up the street to donate ours. They were thrilled to get one so fast. While we were there, I wanted to see the dogs. Only made it halfway through when I started crying and we had to leave. I saw one little girl, 9 mos. old, named Bambi - she was a black mouthed cur, and was so precious. Didn't bark or whine, just wanted kisses.

All I want is a dog to take walking with me, that's all. Sharky just refuses to get one because he says we aren't ready for one. I'm ready for one. I really am. I cried last night and this morning over it.

No comments: